Wednesday, February 20, 2013

~ Springtime coasters ~


I've been thinking of Spring weather lately, so I crocheted these cute little coasters with pretty pastel variegated colors.

Materials:
- worsted weight cotton yarn
- J hook

Size:  4 3/4" 

Notes:
- I crochet tight, so you may need to adjust the size of your crochet hook
- the extra 2 chains at the beginning of Rnd 1 does not count as a stitch
- beginning cluster: ch 2, yo, insert hook in space, yo, pull thru, yo, pull thru 2 loops, yo, insert hook in same space, yo, pull thru, yo, pull thru 2 loops, yo, pull thru last 3 loops.
- cluster: yo, insert hook in space, yo, pullthru, yo, pull thru 2 loops, yo, insert hook in same space, yo, pull thru, yo, pull thru 2 loops, yo, insert hook in same space, yo, pullthru, yo, pull thru 2 loops, yo, pull thru last 4 loops.


Directions:
Rnd 1:  Ch 3 (make the 1st chain a little loose), 12 dc in 3rd ch from hook.  Join with a sl st to 1st dc.

Rnd 2:  Ch 1, sc in the same st as joining, ch 2.  (sc, ch 2) in next dc around.  Join with a sl st to 1st sc.  

Rnd 3:  Sl st into the ch-2 space, beginning cluster in same ch-2 space, ch 2.  (cluster, ch 2) in next ch-2 space around.  Join with a sl st to top of beginning cluster.  

Rnd 4:  Ch 1, 2 sc in same st as joining.  2 sc in each cluster and ch-2 space around.  Join with a sl st to 1st sc.

Rnd 5:  Ch 1, sc in same st as joining, ch 3.  *skip next sc, sc in next sc, ch 3.  Repeat from * around.  Join with a sl st to 1st sc.  End off.

***Debi Y's pattern***    
Print Friendly and PDF

21 comments:

  1. Very pretty. Spring won't be long and these will brighten up a home till the finer, warmer weather is here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danke!!^^
    Sie sind wundervoll!
    Liebe Grüße,*Manja*

    ReplyDelete
  3. colours are so good in a grey day!!!!
    thank you, xxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty and they do look like a touch of spring. Have a wonderful day Debi. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debi, thank you once again for a fantastic pattern. These are so nice and will make perfect little gifts for friends and neighbors (me too, of course).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your pretty colorful coasters sets in the spring real soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty Debi lovely colours,thank you for the pattern. I have been thinking of spring too wish it would hurry up, I'm sick of the cold weather:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these, Debi, and am pinning for future reference. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. so cute! thanks for sharing the pattern! I'm definitely ready for spring - I'm sure it's as cold where you are as it is in DC today and HOLY COW it's bitter out there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing these with the rest of us. I had a little bit of yarn left over from another project and I made one to try out. Liked the way they worked up. If you want a looksy, please check it out on my blog.

    Now hoping the spring is coming!

    Have a wonderful day, Erika

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute! My fav is the one with the pinks and purples in it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now those look like a cheerful bunch of bright colored coasters. So pretty and another wonderful pattern Debi!
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhh, Debi!!!! A lovely coasters!
    Thanks for sharing the pattern!
    A hug from Catalonia!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's exactly what we want to see in those cold and grey days, thanks for sharing! (I only hope that Spring is really following soon!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Debi,

    How have you been? I hope all is well. I am so glad you made this and shared the pattern. I was just telling my husband I need to make a set for our home. There it was one made up by you. I love it Debi thank you ever so much.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are so cute! Thanks for sharing another great pattern. You're the best.
    Eileen :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such happy coasters! Thanks for posting the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty! Good choice of colors. Thank you for another wonderful pattern :-) Stay warm and think springy thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Because you're so sweet, I have something for you over at my blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just made one, and it's adorable. Thank you for the pattern! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)